Muslim Spiritual Care Services is a leader in international Muslim chaplaincy and is dedicated ti training healthcare Muslim chaplains, leaders, and spiritual care workers. Our international efforts are conducted in partnership with the Federation of Islamic Medical Associations (FIMA).
Since 2013, we have conducted training seminars in various Muslim countries among them are Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Jordan, Malaysia, and United Arab Emirates, and in South Africa and across the United States.
Our training is two-fold: theory and practice.
- The concept of Islamic spiritual care
- “Ziyarat Al-Marid”, visiting the sick: roots in Islamic sources
- Tools and techniques for conducting spiritual assessments
- End-of-Life care of Muslim patients
- Integrating spiritual care counselors as part of the interdisciplinary treatment team
- Tools and techniques: What to say, and not to say?
- How to prepare yourself to visit the patient
- Report and documentation of patient spiritual care visits
- Spiritual care services in healthcare institutions
- Islamic theology on providing spiritual care services to non-Muslim patients
The Practical Component
Intensive training students will learn the following:
International Advisers and Mentors
- Dr Ishak Masud, Malaysia
- Dr. Aly Misha’al, Jordan
- Dr. Mohammad Bushnaq, Jordan
- Dr. Omar Kasauli, Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Khalid Al-Jaber, Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Hafiz-Ur-Rahman, Pakistan
- Dr. Dadang Rukanta, Indonesia
- Dr. Amin Sinokrot, Palestine
- Dr. Jasser Auda, Canada
- Dr. George Fitzgerald, USA
To schedule a training seminar and for information about fees, email Kamal Abu-Shamsieh (firstname.lastname@example.org).